I came across this tool…or should i say website a few days back. I was amazed to see the functionality that it boasts of. Meebo.com is a page which can change your thought on Instant messaging. For a person like me who uses a more than 4 clients( Yahoo, AOL, Google & MSN) this serves as a Big boon. Click here to get there
The benefits I feel are:
1. Ease of Multi Protocol IM Client
2. Drag and drop functionality for the IM Windows!
3. Saves RAM! ( You don’t need to run an instance of a desktop client)
4. You can build a widget where a visitor on your web page can contact you via IM thru the Meebo interface without having an account!
The Scope of Improvement:
1. Better support to Emoticons, Smileys 🙂
2. Account security: Since all our username/passwords are saved on the Meebo database, all that a hacker has to do is access that and we are dead! 😦
3. No access to features like photosharing and web cam! 😦
Here are the stats on Meebo’s popularity charts by TechCrunch
Where do you use meebo?
Work: 59.7% School: 36.8%Home: 30.0%Internet Cafe: 7.3%
Why do you use meebo?
IM otherwise difficult / impossible to access: 33%
Web IM is better than software IM: 18%
meebo is easier: 11%
Click here to get there